Thursday 28 January 2016

Lizards and Geckos

These are not my favourite animals because they poop all over my things ... especially annoying when it's in my studio and all over my craft supplies! I have an ongoing fight to get rid of the geckos that proliferate on this island.

The "normal" ones are brown and if you give them a fright, their tails fall off. These grow to about 12cms.



This is the first time I had a "Madagascan Day Gecko" lurking around. Made sure all my windows were closed. It's beautifully bright, but I'd prefer it not to be in my house. This chap was about 28cms!





7 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is bright!! Did it leave by itself afterward? How big is it? Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought the green one was a toy! Its so bright it doesn't look real, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how bright he is! Beautiful, but I agree - not in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I do love geckos, but I have to agree with you on this, poo on craft supplies?! Rather not!! Beautiful and amazing bright green gecko, wow! Thank you for sharing this fellow with us at OBW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not enjoy these fellows being in my house either. However, great photos which are fascinating nonetheless. I love that you chose something bright in color, rather than in intensity! So glad to have found you through Our Beautiful World.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bright green colour. Thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, he really is bright! I would have to close the windows, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails